The beginning of Autumn means Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
It started out as an experiment a couple of years ago. I was trying to add a twist to my regular pancakes and also trick my son into eating pumpkin. And, it has worked out perfectly.
- Prepare pancake batter per recipe/mix
- Add an egg (if it does not call for one in the preparation)
- Add 2-3 cups of pumpkin (form a can) or pumpkin pie mix in the batter (just adjust the batter depending on how much of a pumpkin taste you actually like).
- Add 1/2 cup of sour cream (it improves the taste of the pancakes)
- Add a cup of chocolate chips
Make pancakes as you usually do. It takes longer to cook because of the pumpkin. I usually serve it with maple syrup or chocolate syrup. Delicious.