Fried Noodles with Shrimp & Pork
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 to 4 fresh chili peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced pork
- 10 – 12 peeled and deveined fresh medium shrimp
- 1 pound fresh rice noodles (Asian Food Store)
- 1/2 lb lo mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut the pork into thin slices. Soak the shrimp in lightly salted cold water for a few minutes and then wash it. Once again in cold water.
In a small bowl, mix the oyster sauce, light and dark soy sauce.
Heat 2 – 3 tablespoons oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and stir-fry until the onion is softened. Add the chiles and then the pork & shrimp. Stir-fry unti they turn the pork and shrimp are cooked. Add the rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes or so stirring continuously. Stir in the mung bean sprouts. Move all the contents in the wok around the wok and create a little well in the middle. Add the beaten eggs in the middle, scramble it and then fold in the rest of the contents of the wok and mix well with the egg.
Season with the salt and pepper. Serve while still hot.