This is an easy accompaniment for any meal. It is delicious and nutritious plus really easy to assemble. I typically put it together, put it in the oven and proceed to doing other things.
1 large onions, cut in half and sliced& diced
4 medium round potato, unpeeled and sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
3 large tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, plus extra thyme sprigs for garnish
2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Drizzle a baking dish with olive oil.
3. Layer the potatoes and vegetables alternately in the dish
4. Top it off with the onions. Try to make only one layer.
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and drizzle with 1 -2 more tablespoons of olive oil.
6. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
Serve topped with the grated cheese and garnished with thyme sprigs.