New year and New recipes: Spice rubbed shrimp
It has been over a year since I last wrote a blog post. How is that possible? It is amazing how different things crowd for space in your life. But I made a resolution with a friend to invest in my passions this year, to make time for things that I love to do.
My husband is asking me why I am not sharing recipes and maybe I should think of writing a cookbook? yikes!!! I love to cook but a cookbook sounds like a commitment plus the fact that I have no training. But, I won’t know if I don’t try and so I am at least going to try and share recipes!
First Up: Spice Rubbed Shrimp
- 1 pound cleaned deveined shrimp (this is available at the grocery store cleaned and ready)
- 1/4 cup Dry rub (Any dry rub that you like would work – Cajun, Italian, Indian, Lemon pepper< etc)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Season your shrimp at least a 1/2 hour before you cook it. Dump the shrimp in a bowl and coat it well with the dry rub. Sprinkle some salt over it and let it site in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- When you are ready to cook, in a small wok or pan, start heating the vegetable oil. When it is hot, you can lower the shrimp in batches. It will immediately turn pink and start browning – you can remove it from the heat within 5-7 minutes.
- Place the shrimp you remove from the oil, on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb some of the oil.
Seriously easy and seriously delicious. You can serve it with a salad or with pasta or rice. I would eat it within a 1/2 hour of cooking it.
Here are some pictures: